Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

March 29, 2010

Something Like Fate

Title: Something Like Fate
Author: Suzanne Colasanti
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Release Date: May 4, 2010
Received From:  ATWT


Lani and Erin are bonded for life. One thing that connects them is their fascination of fate. Lani wonders how much of our lives has already been decided and how much we can actually influence. Since the Unknown can unexpectedly change our lives forever, how much can we really control?
From the minute Lani meets Jason, she can't deny the intense connection they share. It feels like she's known him forever. She's not sure if he feels it, too. But it doesn't matter. Because Jason is Erin's boyfriend. Lani is determined to ignore her feelings for Jason, no matter how powerful they are, rather than risk hurting her best friend.
How long can Lani keep running from the boy who might be her destiny?

I was really excited for this book! I mean just look at the cover, how can you not fall in love with it!!! But unfortunately it was not as good as I was hoping. It was very mainstream, and I was expecting so much more.

I really wish I had liked it better, while it was not a bad book, I did not really like it either, it just felt kind of flat, but I am not sure why, maybe because I felt that I had read a version of the book before. The characters were ok, I liked Erin, but Lani was kind of annoying.

Overall I was expecting more, and I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

2/5

3 comments:

  1. It is always so disappointing when you have high hopes for a book and it doesn't deliver. Often is is hard to finish them. Did you read this as part of a book tour? I think I saw it listed on a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hate the feeling of being let down when a book you were so excited fro doesn't meet your expectations. too bad :s, nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill: Yeah I read it for Around the World Tours

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!