Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

April 1, 2010

The Dark Divine

Title: The Dark Divine
Author: Bree Despain
Publisher: Egmont USA
Release Date: December 22, 2009
Received From:  ATWT

A prodigal son
A dangerous love
A deadly secret . . .

Grace Divine, daughter of the local pastor, always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared—the night she found her brother Jude collapsed on the porch, covered in blood. But she has no idea what a truly monstrous secret that night really held. And when Daniel returns three years later, Grace can no longer deny her attraction to him, despite promising Jude she’ll stay away.
As Grace gets closer to Daniel, her actions stir the ancient evil Daniel unleashed that horrific night. Grace must discover the truth behind Jude and Daniel's dark secret . . . and the cure that can save the ones she loves. But she may have to lay down the ultimate sacrifice to do it—her soul.


I have been dying to read this book ever since I heard about it! But I was pleasantly surprised by what the book was actually about! I never expected the twist when I picked the book up.

Grace is the every girl, she feels the pressures of being the perfect daughter and sister, while also wanting to follow her heart. I really enjoyed her emotions. But I felt that she was too quick to jump into situations, which was not the personality that I got from the beginning of the book, so I don't know.

One of my favorite characters was Grace's brother Jude, I think it would be really cool to see the whole story from his point of view, because then we could better understand his motivations! But still I really liked his character. I liked how he changed from the "perfect" son to a strong, motivated person when necessary.

I am so excited that there is going to be a sequel because this book definitely needs one, the book totally just cuts off.

So overall this was a pretty good book, but it was a little slow in the middle, and I felt that Grace's whole person changed in the middle of the book. A good debut!

4/5







CymLowell

3 comments:

  1. I read this book a week ago and LOVED it! Didn't know what to expect, and the story turned out to be an awesome surprise that I so didn't see coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I'm seeing this book everywhere and I really want it. It sounds wonderful...great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!