Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

March 21, 2010

Magic Hands

Title: Magic Hands
Author: Jennifer Laurens
Publisher:  Grove Creek Publishing
Release Date: February 1, 2007
Received From:  ATWT


Cort, the high school senior jock seems to have it all -- except a summer job. When he lands one doing women's nails, his eyes are opened to the catty, back-stabbing world of females. Girls he thought he knew and trusted turn out to shock and use him. He gets to know Rachel, an elusive girl the others gossip about, a girl with secrets. From her he learns there is more to life than weekend partying and social status, and one of the secrets she shares with him will change his life forever.

This book sounded really cute, and it was! I mean a story about a guy who works at a nail salon! I enjoyed how the story was told from both Cort and Rachel's pov's, which is unusual in this type of novel. I also liked the twist in the middle.


One problem I had with this book was that the romance was too short in my opinion, and was not developed enough.


But overall it was a fast read with well developed characters.

COVER: I don't like the cover, it kind of goes against the book.

4/5

2 comments:

  1. Not a huge fan of the cover, either. Sounds quite cute, though - a boy who works in a nail salon. hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never could get into this one. Glad you enjoyed it though :)

    Oh and I saw your message about the business card giveaway and you did enter :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!