Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

March 11, 2010

For Keeps

Title:  For Keeps
Author:  Natasha Friend
Publisher:  Viking Juvenile
Release Date:  April 6, 2010
Received From:  ATWT
Josie’s never met her dad, and that’s fine with her. To Josie, Paul Tucci is just a guy who got her mom pregnant and then moved away. It all happened sixteen years ago, when Josie’s mom was still a teenager herself. But now Paul Tucci is back in town, and Josie has to deal with not one but two men in her life—her father and her first boyfriend, who Josie fears will hurt her just like Paul hurt her mother.

This was a very cute book! With a tale that starts out being relevant to many people's lives today, it weaves the story of a girl, trying to find her identity, and coming to some final realizations that she never expected!

I really enjoyed the characters in this book! Josie had a really interesting voice that is characteristic of Natasha Friend, I enjoyed this book better than some of her other ones, because even though it dealt with some hard issues, I enjoyed the way this book was laid out better.

Overall this was a good book, but it was too short and I did not feel that the story was explained well enough, and the way the plot progressed was too quick, but I cannot wait for more books from Natasha Friend.

4/5

2 comments:

  1. Eeeek, I really want to read this! Your review, the cover, and the title all sound so promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute review, I look forward to reading this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!