Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

March 17, 2010

The House of Tomorrow

Title: The House of Tomorrow
Author: Peter Bognanni
Publisher: Putnam
Release Date: March 4, 2010
Received From:  Publisher


Sebastian Prendergast lives in a geodesic dome with his eccentric grandmother, who homeschooled him in the teachings of futurist philosopher R. Buckminster Fuller. But when his grandmother has a stroke, Sebastian is forced to leave the dome and make his own way in town.
Jared Whitcomb is a chain-smoking sixteen-year-old heart-transplant recipient who befriends Sebastian, and begins to teach him about all the things he has been missing, including grape soda, girls, and Sid Vicious. They form a punk band called The Rash, and it's clear that the upcoming Methodist Church talent show has never seen the likes of them.


I am still confused about this book, when I first picked it up I hated it, but about halfway through it, I fell head over heels into it! It went from a whiny boy, to a bunch of different characters that were so real they could have been my next door neighbors!

This book was nothing like I expected, each new chapter forced me deeper into the complex lives of all the characters, not just Sebastian. While the plot was kind of slow in the beginning it quickly took form into a wonderful book that left me longing for more.

Overall this was a book that enchanted me, but left me searching for what rating to give it. Basically it left me thinking, which is a really cool thing about books. I cannot wait to read more by this author!

Here is the new Trailer!




4.5/5

3 comments:

  1. I have this one to read/review. Glad to hear you liked it and thanks for the heads up that the beginning might be slow. I'll be prepared for it now when I start it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one on my TBR list. It looks unusual and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you an award! Check it out here. :)

    Cara

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!