Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

August 10, 2011

WOW Prized (Birthmarked #2)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
image
Title: Prized (Birthmarked #2)
Author: Caragh M. O’Brien
Pub Date: November 8, 2011
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press (Macmillan)
Review of First Book: HERE
Summary: SPOILERS FOR FIRST BOOK!
Striking out into the wasteland with nothing but her baby sister, a handful of supplies, and a rumor to guide her, sixteen-year-old midwife Gaia Stone survives only to be captured by the people of Sylum, a dystopian society where women rule the men who drastically outnumber them, and a kiss is a crime.  In order to see her sister again, Gaia must submit to their strict social code, but how can she deny her sense of justice, her curiosity, and everything in her heart that makes her whole?


Why I can’t wait!: I really, really liked the first book and I cannot wait to dive back into that wonderful world. Also I really like dystopian fiction and this is one of the best series for that!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. We haven't read Birthmarked but both books sound great!

    Check out Em's WoW!

    Also check out the GREAT Giveaways we have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good book but I still need to read Birthmarked.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read Birthmarked. It's been on my TBR for far too long.

    My Wow: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    Also, check out my new meme, Before the Blog: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/before-blog-3-named-by-marianne-curley.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!