Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

August 3, 2011

WOW Deadly Cool

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I’m eagerly anticipating.
image

Title: Deadly Cool
Author: Gemma Halliday
Pub Date: October 11, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Summary:
Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool. But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.

Why I can’t wait!:
I absolutely adore mysteries, I don’t think there are enough strictly mystery stories in YA, and mysteries with multiple dead bodies? Um… YES!!!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I agree there definitely need to be more ya mysteries!! I was a big fan of Nancy drew as a kid and they need to bring back something similar to that but way more modern.

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first saw this a few weeks ago and instantly added it to my list. It sounds so good! Great pick.

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-glow.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that book looks so awesome! I love the cover!!! The summary sounds really good too. I love mysteries and am so adding this to my TBR list! Nice pick!
    Here's my WoW! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently reading this one and it's as good as the cover suggests! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! Looking forward to this one too.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about there not being enough YA mystery--I love it! The cover doesn't really seem to fit a mystery, though. Here's my WoW, if you want to check it out: http://booklightgraveyard.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-lola-and-boy-next.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!