Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

August 9, 2011

Enclave

imageTitle: Enclave (Razorland #1)
Author:  Ann Aguirre
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release Date:  April 12, 2011
Received From:  Publisher in exchange for a honest review

Summary: 
New York City has been decimated by war and plague, and most of civilization has migrated to underground enclaves, where life expectancy is no more than the early 20's. When Deuce turns 15, she takes on her role as a Huntress, and is paired with Fade, a teenage Hunter who lived Topside as a young boy. When she and Fade discover that the neighboring enclave has been decimated by the tunnel monsters—or Freaks—who seem to be growing more organized, the elders refuse to listen to warnings. And when Deuce and Fade are exiled from the enclave, the girl born in darkness must survive in daylight, in the ruins of a city whose population has dwindled to a few dangerous gangs. As the two are guided by Fade's long-ago memories, they face dangers, and feelings, unlike any they've ever known. (Summary from BN.com)

Review:

There were aspects of this book that I loved as well as aspects that really bugged me.

I loved the main character! She was spicy and amazing, very similar to Katniss from the Hunger Games and Katsa from Graceling. She was strong, and not willing to let people walk all over her.

I also liked the overall plot, and I enjoyed the way that their “jobs” were chosen. I felt that the going out into the tunnels outside of the enclaves. It was similar to The Maze Runner by James Dashner in that aspect.

Things that I didn’t like: the very, very odd love triangle. The way the story kind of stopped I think it would have been better if the book was longer because it seemed like the entire book was just a set up for the next books. And while I got somewhat connected I wish the next book was connected to this book so there would be some more story line.

Overall an ok book and I’m still interested in reading the next book, to see what happens next.

3.5 maps

1012898

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!