Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

December 8, 2011

Shattered Souls Review

imageTitle: Shattered Souls
Author: Mary Lindsay
Publisher: Philomel/ Penguin
Release Date: December 8, 2011 (TODAY)
Received From: Teen {Book} Scene

Summary: 
Lenzi hears voices and has visions - gravestones, floods, a boy with steel gray eyes. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't help, and everything keeps getting louder and more intense. Then Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, who reveals that she's a reincarnated Speaker - someone who can talk to and help lost souls - and that he has been her Protector for centuries.
Now Lenzi must choose between her life with Zak and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. But time is running out: a malevolent spirit is out to destroy Lenzi, and he will kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.

Review:
I really liked this book! I haven’t read too many books about ghosts but I think this is my favorite of the ones I have read so far.
 
One thing that I really liked about this book was that Lenzi was a strong heroine, she didn’t just sit back and complain or wait for other to help her like many other paranormal books. If you love paranormal you will really love this book, but even if you are kind of tired of it, this book is so original and different that I think you would still like it.
 
The chemistry between Alden and Lenzi was awesome and it just wasn’t insta-love, like many other paranormal books.
 
This book while being action-packed wasn’t so overwhelming that I got tired of the action, it was also about Alden and Lenzi growing together and Lenzi growing in her abilities.
 
I would recommend this book to fans of Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton, not because they are the same by any means but because they have the similar Protector/Savior thing going on with the main characters.
 
th_5maps-1

 

mariah

 

 

 

To learn more about what books Alden would pick up see this post.

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!