Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

December 12, 2011

Review of Timeless by Alexandra Monir

imageTitle: Timeless
Author: Alexandra Monir
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Release Date: January 11, 2011
Received From: Borrowed from friend

Summary: 
When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.
Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.

Review:
Timeless is one of the best books I have read in a while. It has elements of mystery and historical. But even if you don’t like mystery (WHY and HOW?) it is so incorporated into the story that it is not the primary focus.
Michele travels through time to various parts of her ancestors lives. I really liked this because it let me explore different parts of history, and not just be stuck in the same time. I also liked getting to know Michele’s various ancestors. They were all so different and I wish they could have played a bigger part than they did.
Oh Philip… so wonderful, boys I’ve met aren’t like that anymore.  I loved their relationship, it was so sweet and beautiful, but the relationship developed a little fast in my opinion.
Oh my gosh the last 20 or so pages were AMAZING!! I never expected what comes about and that cliffhanger?! I am craving the next book! I cannot wait to see what happens next.
I recommend this book to everyone because while it has many different aspects none of them are so prevalent that it would turn anyone off. But I especially recommend it to people who love historical and romance.
th_45maps-1


mariah

1 comments:

  1. Timeless is a love story. Michele's ventures back to 1910 bring her to Philip Walker, the young man she's dreamt about nearly her entire life and someone she almost instantly falls in love with. Once again, the insta-love thing bothered me a bit, but I was able to get past it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!