Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

January 1, 2010

Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater


Title: Ballad: The Gathering of Faerie
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Flux
Release Date: Already Available
Received From: Library

Summary from Goodreads

In this mesmerizing sequel to Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception, music prodigy James Morgan and his best friend, Deirdre, join a private conservatory for musicians. James' musical talent attracts Nuala, a soul-snatching faerie muse who fosters and feeds on the creative energies of exceptional humans until they die. Composing beautiful music together unexpectedly leads to mutual admiration and love. Haunted by fiery visions of death, James realizes that Deirdre and Nuala are being hunted by the Fey and plunges into a soul-scorching battle with the Queen of the Fey to save their lives.

Lament was the first book I read by Maggie and I fell in love with her, and her writing! Ballad was no disappointment! With prose that went off the page and into reality Ballad was spellbinding and beautifully written!

I definitely recommend reading Lament first because if you don't it would make much sense. Since James' experience is not talked about much in Lament it was nice to see his experiences with Faeries. This book was fast paced and flowed elegantly. The new characters that were introduced were different and I enjoyed being able to see from a Faerie's point-of-view. While I would have liked to see more of Dee's POV I enjoyed the story the way it was told.

Overall a fantastic book that I would read again and again! 


Check out my Review for Lament!

5/5


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!