Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

January 31, 2010

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Title: Fire
Author: Kristin Cashore
Publisher: Dial
Release Date: October 5, 2009
Received From:  Library

Fire, Graceling's prequel-ish companion book, takes place across the mountains to the east of the seven kingdoms, in a rocky, war-torn land called the Dells.

Beautiful creatures called monsters live in the Dells. Monsters have the shape of normal animals: mountain lions, dragonflies, horses, fish. But the hair or scales or feathers of monsters are gorgeously colored-- fuchsia, turquoise, sparkly bronze, iridescent green-- and their minds have the power to control the minds of humans.

Seventeen-year-old Fire is the last remaining human-shaped monster in the Dells. Gorgeously monstrous in body and mind but with a human appreciation of right and wrong, she is hated and mistrusted by just about everyone, and this book is her story.

This was another great book by Kristin Cashore! The visualization was wonderful and the characters were so different than anything I had ever read about before! I really think that Kristin grew a lot from when she wrote Graceling

Fire was a different character, she was unlike any character I have ever come across before. She was tormented by her father and his death, and we learn so much about her, and her torments through flashbacks, which normally I don't like but in Fire it was necessary. I like how Kristin kept us in suspense for most of the novel about Fire's past.


The plot flowed beautifully and was beautifully written. I enjoyed the level of political intrigue in this book. And Immiker drove me nuts, but I believe that it is important to read Graceling before you read Fire becasue if you don't the ending of Graceling will be ruined.


Even though Graceling is still my favorite of the two I have a new literary crush in Nash! Po and him are very close, and I love both of them! I cannot wait for Kristin's next installment in this series Bitterblue! This is definitely a series you need to read. And an author you need to keep your eyes on!

Check out my review of Graceling!


5/5

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful review!!! You make this book sound amazing! I will definitely have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Graceling!!! And I NEED to get this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graceling was amazing, I so want to read Fire!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!