Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

September 13, 2009

Wake by Lisa Mcmann


Not all dreams are sweet.
For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant.... 


I had heard many different things about this book, but I really liked it! 

The plot is very different than anything I had ever read before which was nice. The characters were well developed and Cabel sounds so sweet and I want to get to know him better! Janie is suprisingly not very whiny even though she had a valid reason to which I was thankful for. 

One of the main problems I had with this book was the fact that it was really short. I think that it was much, much too short, it could have been twice as long as it was. Overall it was a pretty good book!

4/5
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this and it's sequel, Fade.

    shutupimreading.blogspot.com
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on the shelf, love the covers. It sounds like a good read and I love it when there's a sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I have been wanting to read this book for a very long time. I'm going to have to bump it up on my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this one. It started out very simply, but it just built up so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... what a fascinating premise! You definitely piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this book, too (I also gave it a 4 rating). And you're totally right, the book was short, but hopefully the rest of the series makes up for it. I still need to read Fade & can't wait to get Gone.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!