Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

September 16, 2009

Cathy's Key by Sean Stewart and Jordan Weisman

Cathy was your average high school student--doodling in the margins of her journal, crushing on a cute boy, and hanging out with her best friend Emma.
As this story begins, she's trying to keep a job, her journal is stolen, the cute boy is not who he seems to be, and even Emma's side project/start-up company, Doubletalk Wireless, is about to get caught up in the mystery surrounding Cathy and her search for the truth about her father.
Her presumed-dead father.
It's just a simple story really: Girl loves Boy, Boy disappears, Girl discovers secret that will alter the course of humanity....


This book was a good sequel to Cathy's Book, it answered some unanswered questions from the first book plus added a few more that will hopefully be answered in the next book. 

In my review of Cathy's Book I mentioned that there were 2 color drawings in the margins of the book and some people did not understand so I will clarify. On the margins of the book there are illustrations that go with the story in blue ink which use the white of the paper creatively. So I hope that is more clear now.

Moving on to the story, it was well drawn out and and characters were somewhat developed, but not as much as I would have liked. Again having the evidence was really nice. One of the main things I had a problem with was the fact that the author would allude to things and then never explain them. But maybe they will be answered in the next book. Overall an ok book.

3/5
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this series, but it sounds interesting. I'll add it to my wishlist...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!