Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

September 5, 2009

Paper Towns by John Green


Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life--dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge--he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues--and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.

So all of the books I have read by John Green are really good. This was no exception, the characters were well built and the plot was executed well.

One of the things that tells me that John Green's books are good is the fact that I personally have a harder time reading book where the narrator is a guy. I don't know why but that is just the way it works out. But when I pick up a John Green novel I don't think about the fact that the book has a guy narrator, I am just pulled into the story and cannot look back.

Ok on to the story, Quentin and his friends are very believable people that don't all exactly fall into a stereotypical mold which is hard to do in writing.

The only small problem I had with this book was the ending was a real letdown in my opinion maybe because it was so built up that I wanted more I don't know but I felt unsatisfied with the ending, but maybe that was the author's intention. I don't know, other than that I loved this book and cannot wait for the next one!

(visit John Green's Website/blog at www.sparksflyup.com)


4/5
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Great review. This is a new author for me, sounds like one to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!