Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

January 5, 2011

Nightshade

imageTitle: Nightshade
Author: Andrea Cremer
Publisher: Philomel
Release Date: October 19, 2010
Received From: ATWT

Summary:
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

Review:
I liked this new interpretation of werewolves. With paranormal books that have vampires and werewolves it is really nice to come across one with an unusual premise. Nightshade definitely does!

First of all the cover! So beautiful and different, it would totally draw my eye if I saw it on a shelf! I like the incorporation of blood because it is a werewolf novel!

The plot was beautifully written I never found myself wanting it to speed up. Regardless of all the backstory and history that had to be told. It was action packed and very unpredictable!

The characters in this book were amazing as well, Calla is one awesome heroine! If I had to choose a pack I would definitely choose her. Ren and Shay were both wonderful but I am not yet sure which one I liked better. One cool thing that Cremer did was she made the secondary characters just as important and different as the main characters. Very rarely do I come across a book where the author has done that!

I really loved this book and usually I am not drawn to paranormal books but this was definitely one of the best books I read in 2010! It was captivating and unpredictable, go run and pick this up! I cannot wait for the next book!
5 ivy3


1012898

1 comments:

  1. great review. I've heard so much about this novel, but you got me excited about reading it again! So glad you enjoyed and I can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!