Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

January 12, 2011

My Unfair Godmother

 

imageTitle: My Unfair Godmother
Author: Janette Rallison
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Release Date: April 12, 2011
Received From: ATWT


Summary: Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn't exactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only a fair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief 's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. Janette Rallison pulls out all the stops in this fresh, fun-filled follow-up to the popular My Fair Godmother.

Review:

I loved My Fair Godmother and all of Janette’s books are hilarious and fun filled! So I was super excited to read this follow-up!

I liked My Unfair Godmother even more than the first book! Chrissy was back and in full force, “trying” to do good but just causing more chaos. I definitely liked Tansy as a character, while whiny she was filled with spunk and was very relatable. Her non Chrissy caused problems were things that many teens deal with everyday.

One of the things I love about these books are the fairy tale retellings. There are a huge variety of stories retold in this one book but they all seem to fall into place. From Robin Hood to Rumpelstiltskin, each story brings even more hilarity to the scene.

I enjoyed Tansy and Hudson's relationship so well, especially how it went from the police station and grew into so much more.

There were a couple issues between Tansy and her father that I wish had been dealt with a little more but the story did not lose anything from that not being dealt with.

Overall this was another great book by Janette!

5 ivy3

 

 

1012898

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love a great light funny tale. Thanks for sharing the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun read. I haven't heard of either book, but now I'm adding it to my wish list. : )

    HAPPY reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this book is best

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!