Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

January 2, 2011

Linger

LingerTitle: Linger
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: July 13, 2010
Received From: ATWT/ Own


Summary: In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.


Review:
This book is heartbreaking!
Stiefvater once again goes into the world of Sam and Grace, but this time we also get to see inside the minds of Isabelle and a new character Cole. I really like how we get to see all sides of the story so we are not as biased in each situation. This also in some ways makes the story that much more emotional. The ending will leave you screaming noooooooo….. and yearning for Forever.
I liked how once again the color of the words matched the cover of the book! I really enjoyed the character connections and the emotion that Stiefvater was able to show with such few words. I cannot wait for the next book!
4.5 ivy3
1012898

4 comments:

  1. I liked this book, but I liked Shiver better. Not that I'm saying I'm not totally freaking excited for Forever to be released. I mean, with that cliffhanger, I can't wait to see what Stiefvater does. But, I really love the relationship between Sam & Grace. Although, I do love Isabelle. She is funny and snarky and I love how she deals with things...or should I say not deals with things?

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile
    For The L♥ve of Reading
    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree about liking Shiver better, but I did like to see Cole and Isabelle's viewpoints as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiver can never be replaced. And what a lovely word "Heartbreaking" It perfectly describes the book in one word. I was trying to find such a word when I wrote my review, but alas ^_^
    By the way, I enjoy your terse reviews, much easier to read than massive paragraphs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also liked Shiver better, but Linger still left me wanting more of the series...I cannot wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!