Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

June 5, 2010

Runaway

Title:  Runaway 
Author:  Meg Cabot
Publisher:  Scholastic
Release Date:  April 20, 2010
Received From:  ATWT
Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself.
With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope... what's the point of even going on?
But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to.
Will Christopher be able to put aside his personal feelings and help her expose her employer to the world? Is it even fair to get Christopher involved—since if he agrees, there's every chance that Stark Enterprises will try to have them both killed—this time, permanently?
Maybe it would be better for Em to just keep on running.

I love all of Meg Cabot's books that I have read! This series is really interesting and while when I first picked it up I thought it was going to be super fluffy, there is lots of intrigue. Runaway is no different.

You definitely need to have read the first two books to even begin to understand Runaway, but that is ok becasue those books are good as well. While Runaway was my least favorite in the series, I liked the way Meg Cabot tied everything together as well as the progression of the story.

Em is hilarious and I liked how she finally came to terms with her situation, even starting to like it. Meg Cabot has written another great book!

Here is my review for Being Nikki!

4/5

CymLowell

1 comments:

  1. I have the first book in the series, but if I'm honest...I've been afraid to read it because I also thought it would be too fluffy for me. However, I trust your reviews and I'll have to read it soon. Thank you for a great review!

    HAPPY readings!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!