Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

June 12, 2010

My Double Life

Title:  My Double Life
Author:  Janette Rallison
Publisher: Putnam Juvinile 
Release Date:  May 13, 2010
Received From:  ATWT
Her whole life, Alexia Garcia has been told that she looks just like pop star Kari Kingsley, and one day when Alexia’s photo filters through the Internet, she’s offered a job to be Kari’s double. This would seem like the opportunity of a lifetime, but Alexia’s mother has always warned her against celebrities.  Rebelliously, Alexia flies off to L.A. and gets immersed in a celebrity life.

 Janette Rallison writes really cute books. But I have to say that this was not my favorite of hers. While I enjoyed the fact that there was less fluff in this novel, Kari annoyed me to no end. Annoying characters totally get on my nerves. But Kari took basically no actual responsibility for her actions which got on my nerves.

I liked how Rallison dealt more with harder issues than in her previous novels, and I enjoyed the overall novel if not specific characters and situation. So I enjoyed the novel but one of the characters annoyed me.

3.5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!