Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

June 15, 2010

Queen of Secrets

Title: Queen of Secrets
Author: Jenny Meyerhoff
Publisher:   Farrar, Straus, and Giroux
Release Date: June 22, 2010
Received From:  ATWT

Fifteen-year-old Essie Green cannot believe her luck when Austin King asks her out. He is the captain of the football team and the hottest guy at Pershing High School. Unfortunately, as their relationship heats up, so does a rivalry between Austin’s best friend Harrison and Essie’s estranged cousin Micah, an observant Jew. Essie is forced to decide where her loyalties lie. With a family member she barely knows, or the boy she’s beginning to love?



With this book I felt that I had read it before. The plot besides the Jewish thing was very common, and overdone. While I enjoyed the characters they were very stereotypical and hard to read about. 


I really wanted to enjoy this book but I really didn't, the plot was too overdone, as were the characters. And I felt that the ending was very predictable. 

Overall I did not care for this book, and it was hard to get through.





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honest review! I was kind of curious about this one, but I think I'll skip over it (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this one before, but I'm not quite sure if I'll be picking it up now.

    P.S. You got an award at my blog! http://aseverebookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/06/3rd-award-yes.html :)

    P.S.S. I deleted the other comment cos I posted it twice, haha

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!