Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

December 5, 2009

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human ... until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever

I have officially decided that Maggie Stiefvater is one of my favorite authors! Every book she has written so far has made me fall more, and more in love with her writing style, and her sense of humor. 


Shiver is a wonderful non-traditional love story that is told from both of the main characters POV. The transition from each character's tale was seamless and I loved being able to see the transitions and feelings from both characters' eyes. 


I felt so wonderful after reading this book, the ending tale is so beautiful that you can't help stopping and thinking about it. I also really liked how even though it was a book about werewolves, it really wasn't, it was so much more and that was just the immediate problem.


I cannot wait until the next installment in the series comes out! Overall an awesome book!

5/5

5 comments:

  1. I just bought this one and it will be my first by this author. I am saving it for my fantasy challenge..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it. I'm pretty excited for Linger, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the 2nd great review I saw today for this book. I must read it soon!!!

    BTW...I have an award for you here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the nexy book too! :D:D
    I gave you a award at my blog, http://lindsayphotobook.blogspot.com/2009/12/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen quite a few reviews for this latley and now I think I might need to check it out. Glad to have found your blog looking forward to reading more in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!