Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

December 30, 2009

Alphas (Alphas, #1) by Lisi Harrison


Title: Alphas
Author: Lisi Harrison
Publisher: Poppy
Release Date: Already Available
Received From: Library
At OCD the losers are tormented.

At Alpha Academy, they're sent home.

Skye Hamilton has scored an invitation to the ultra-exclusive Alphas-only boarding school where beta is spelled LBR . What happens when the country's best, brightest, and hawtest begin clawing and scratching their way to the top?


If you have read the Clique novels and want something a little tiny bit older and mare technological. Alphas is for you. All the cool different gadgets in this novel are enough to make anyone scream.

Skye and the other girls each had their own personalities and while I liked some of them more than others, they were overall really diverse. I did not really like Allie A. becasue she drove me nuts but, all of the others were pretty cool.

This was a very innovative idea. While this book is really fluffy it shows some of the problems between girls. This is basically an upgraded version of The Clique, but I definitely liked this better. I can't wait to read the next books.

This book was very shallow, and the beginning was kind of confusing as to what was happening, but overall a pretty good book.

4/5

2 comments:

  1. Good review. I gave up on the Clique when I couldn't tell the difference between the books. I'm not sure if I can handle more fluff at such a large dose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't put it down!!! I really hope he writes another novel soon! James brings the characters to life in such a fascinating way!!! I loved Ferney and now I know how it ends! :)

    Penelope
    KRW Personal Injury Lawyer

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!