Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

December 23, 2009

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen


It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.

A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend. 


If you have not read any of Sarah Dessen's books then you need to experience them. All of them are poignant, and have real themes. All of her characters are believable and lovable. Some of my first literary crushes are from Sarah Dessen.

Along for the Ride was the same. Auden, and Eli develop such a great relationship that makes you want one like it. Auden is dealing with real problems, and she is struggling like a real girl. She is very relate able and I want her to be my best friend. And I want Eli as my boyfriend!

The plot moved very quickly and was beautifully written. If you have never read a Sarah Dessen book why not start with this gem? Overall a fabulous book just like all of her other books!


5/5

2 comments:

  1. Hey! :D Your blog's cool!
    I must admit though, this is very amazing of Sarah Dessen to write such an adorable story. I agree with you in every single bit. I would die happy if Eli became my boyfriend! ;D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!