Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

December 29, 2009

Dull Boy by Sarah Cross


Title: Dull Boy
Author: Sarah Cross
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Release Date: Already Available
Received From: Library

What do you do if you can deadlift a car, and you spend your nights flying to get away from it all? If you’re fifteen-year-old Avery Pirzwick, you keep that information to yourself. When you’re a former jock turned freak, you can’t afford to let the secret slip. But then Avery makes some friends who are as extraordinary as he is. He realizes they’re more than just freaks—together, maybe they have a chance to be heroes. First, though, they have to decide whether to trust the mysterious Cherchette, a powerful wouldbe mentor whose remarkable generosity may come at a terrible price.

This was a really cute book! Not too many superhero books deal with superheros as children. Avery comes across very well, like a normal boy dealing with a hard problem, i.e he does not want to tell his parents ect. The other kids were kind of cliche but they developed well throughout the book.

I really enjoyed the different types of abilities that were in the novel. Not just the typical ones, but really cool ones that I had never thought of before! The villain was obvious but the villain did things I never would have expected! Also this would be a really good book for boys.

The only thing that I did not like about the book was the fact that the secondary characters were cliche.  Overall a good debut! I cannot wait for more!

4/5

2 comments:

  1. I've heard many a good thing about this one, and I must move it up on my Amazon wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Book to an Adult: Definitely to adult comic readers. I'm going to try slipping this into my mom's to-read pile, just to see what happens, though. I did manage to get her hooked on World of Warcraft, after all!

    Click here for Top Austin Tow Truck company

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!