Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

August 11, 2009

Heaven Looks a Lot Like the Mall by Wendy Mass



When 16-year-old Tessa suffers a shocking accident in gym class, she finds herself in heaven (or what she thinks is heaven), which happens to bear a striking resemblance to her hometown mall. In the tradition of It's a Wonderful Life and The Christmas Carol, Tessa starts reliving her life up until that moment. She sees some things she'd rather forget, learns some things about herself she'd rather not know, and ultimately must find the answer to one burning question--if only she knew what the question was.

I had never read a book in verse before and I was intrigued by this one. The idea was not very original and it was kind of boring but basically it was ok.

Tessa in the beginning was very stuck up and selfish in my opinion but I guess that was the point and thats why she had to reevaluate her life. Also drill bit guy (I dont think they mention his name) was very flaky and strange and seemed to have a bigger part in the book than he actually did. Very confusing

This book was ok but I would only read it again if I had nothing else to read.

2.5/5

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!