Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

August 14, 2009

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han


Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer -- they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one wonderful and terrible summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

This book sounded really light and cute but it turned out to be more of a story about dealing with loss in different ways.

One of the things I liked was that almost every other chapter the chapter would talk about on of Belly's memories. The only problem was that I sometimes could not tell what year it was.

The characters were well developed and different I found myself starting to like the boys and wanting them as my boyfriend. The only other problem was that Belly was a whiner if everything was not perfect she wined which I could not stand!

3/5
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!