Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

July 6, 2013

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Title: Siege and Storm
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Release Date: June 4, 2013
Received From: Publisher in return for a honest review

Synopsis:
Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her–or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm

Review:
I really liked Shadow and Bone. So I was very excited to read the second book in the trilogy Siege and Storm; though I was a little worried about there being a slump in this second book like there are in many other series. But I could not have been more wrong. Siege and Storm was even better than Shadow and Bone and was one of the best books I have read this year so far.

Siege and Storm starts off not to long after the ending of Shadow and Bone. And while I thought that we would have peace for a little while in the beginning I was wrong. The action starts pretty quickly after the beginning of the book and does not stop till the end.

There are some new characters introduced in Siege and Storm and I loved all of them! Especially Sturmhond. LET ME LOVE YOU. He was so snarky and awesome I adore him.

Mal kind of bugged me in Siege and Storm. He was very needy and was not very nice and supportive of Alina which was lame. Yes, Alina changes a lot from the beginning of Shadow and Bone and not all for the better but he still needed to support her and not be an ass.

The Darkling was barely in the book, but he is a shadow over the story. So if you are a big fan of the Darkling he is not in it as much but he is still a force to be reckoned with!

Basically I LOVED this book and cannot wait for the next one. You should totally read this series!!!


Check out my review of Shadow and Bone here


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!