Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

June 15, 2013

Georgetown Academy: Book Four by Alyssa Embree Schwartz and Jessica Koosed Etting

Title:Georgetown Academy: Book Four
Author:
Publisher: Coliloquy LLC
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Recieved From: Publicist in return for an honest review

Summary:When the vice president resigns and Ellie and Taryn’s parents emerge as the frontrunners, the girls find themselves back in the spotlight.
Ellie could not care less about becoming the Second Daughter, but she knows how much the opportunity to make history means to her mother – and women everywhere. With her family taking center stage, Ellie must decide whether she can put her feelings for Gabe on hold - again.
Taryn, so used to captivating the hearts and minds of everyone she meets, is unbothered by the increased media scrutiny. But an inopportune screw-up has her beholden to an unlikely – and unfriendly – source for help.
Overnight, Evan has skyrocketed from social pariah to Miss Popular. As she and her reluctant parents adjust to her new lifestyle, the last thing she needs is a front-page scandal.
Brinley can’t stop thinking about her Stowe-bound hook-up…until her father’s intern, Patrick, starts flirting. Is it time to abandon her fling now that she has a more appropriate suitor?
With the second highest office in the land up for grabs, everyone is picking sides. But where does the heart lie when duty, truth, and love collide?


Review:
If you have not read the first three books there will be a couple of spoliers for them so beware.

I really like this series. They are fun, quick reads that give me the little bit of political drama I might be craving. The fourth book is no different.

I seem to connect to a different girl in each book. In this one it was Evan. While I liked the other storylines Evan's storyline was the saddest for me. I felt the most for her situation. Especailly how her parents were against her going out with Hunter all the time. And the other thing...

That being said I liked the vice-presidential race. It was interesting and caused a lot of drama. But I wished there had been more Brinley and Ellie converstaions. I really like thier friendship so I wish there was more of it in this book. But it did make sense for the book.

I personally was happy for the person who won the VP nomination. While I would have been happy regardless, I was excited when the winner was announced. Honestly I was mostly happy that they announced it. I was afraid they were going to make me wait for the next book. But they were nice and they didn't.

Overall a good addition to the series. I can't wait to find out how the winner's daughter's life changes not that she is Second Daughter. But the third book is still my favorite so far.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!