Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

September 1, 2011

Ultraviolet

imageTitle: Ultraviolet
Author: R.J. Anderson
Publisher: Orchard
Release Date: June 2, 2011
Received From: NetGalley

Summary:  

Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.
This is not her story.
Unless you count the part where I killed her.

Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?


Review:

The synopsis intrigued me from the minute I first read it, and it did not disappoint!

This book was soooo interesting! I loved trying to figure out what actually happened to Tori, and I loved how even Alison didn’t know what happened to her.

The last third of the book is a total surprise. There is no way anyone could have seen that coming! I liked it, but it kind of seemed like the ending to a different story. I don’t know… but besides the fact that is felt disjointed I did enjoy it.

While being interesting, this book had some very boring parts. I found myself wanting to skip ahead to see what was going to happen rather than read about the drama in the mental institute. This was the main problem that I had with Ultraviolet.

I honestly did like this book there were just some things that I did not expect and parts were boring. But as long as you go into it ready for that I think anyone would really enjoy the story!

3.5 maps

1012898

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't like this! I haven't heard to much about this good! Honest review!


    Tia @ Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. A refreshingly mature YA that takes sci-fi to a deeply emotional level, with a dash of danger, a twist of romance, and pages of beautiful writing.

    The best Iron Cook ware

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!