Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

September 5, 2011

The Twin’s Daughter

imageTitle: The Twin’s Daughter
Author: Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Release Date: August 31, 2010
Received From: ALA’10

Summary: 

Lucy Sexton is stunned when a disheveled woman appears at the door one day...a woman who bears an uncanny resemblance to Lucy's own beautiful mother. It turns out the two women are identical twins, separated at birth, and raised in dramatically different circumstances. Lucy's mother quickly resolves to give her less fortunate sister the kind of life she has never known. And the transformation in Aunt Helen is indeed remarkable. But when Helen begins to imitate her sister in every way, even Lucy isn't sure at times which twin is which. Can Helen really be trusted, or does her sweet face mask a chilling agenda?
Filled with shocking twists and turns, THE TWIN'S DAUGHTER is an engrossing gothic novel of betrayal, jealousy, and treacherous secrets that will keep you guessing to the very end.


Review:

I have total mixed feelings about this book. The idea was interesting but I guessed part of it from the beginning, and getting to wear the intrigue started was a LONG and slightly painful process. I started and stopped this book numerous times before I finished it.

Once I got past a major plot (about 2/3 through) point the action started for a little while and then became boring again.

But once I got to the last 70 or so pages of the book it exploded! It was drama filled, I never knew what was actually going on, every time I thought I knew I would have my doubts. And THEN the last couple of chapters were AMAZING!!!!!! So cool and awesome, after I finished I went back to re-read the ending again. That’s how good it was.

So there lies my dilemma… Most of the boring parts were needed to build feelings and connections to the characters, but not all. I feel that it could have been shortened a little. But that ending… what to do, what to do….

I’m not going to give this book a rating because I have no idea what it should be. But seriously the ending is worth the rest of the book. Just be prepared to set it down and come back when you have time.

1012898

1 comments:

  1. Suspense, mystery, love, family dynamics and a rather large creep factor all come together in a perfect balance to make one fantastic story. I highly recommend picking this up.

    Mariz
    Click Here Cowboy Boots

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!