Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

July 5, 2010

Still Sucks to be Me

Title: Still Sucks to be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to be Me, #2)
Author:  Kimberly Pauley
Publisher:  Mirrorstone
Release Date:  May 10, 2010
Received From:  ATWT
Definite spoilers for the first book so beware! 
With vampire boyfriend George and best friend Serena by her side, Mina thought she had her whole life—or rather afterlife—ahead of her. But then Mina’s parents drop a bomb. They’re moving. To Louisiana. And not somewhere cool like New Orleans, but some teeny, tiny town where cheerleaders and jocks rule the school. Mina has to fake her death, change her name, and leave everything behind, including George and Serena. Not even the Vampire Council’s shape-shifting classes can cheer her up. Then Serena shows up on Mina’s doorstep with some news that sends Mina reeling. Mina may look a lot better with fangs, but her afterlife isn’t any less complicated!

I only read part of the first book, just enough to get the idea, before I tried this one. I did not read the whole first book because I found it boring. and I could not connect to the character in anyway.

I did read this whole book, I started connecting with Mina a little more, and while I did not get some references, from the first book, it was really ok. I liked all the different characters in this book, all of the personalities were different which was nice. It was also cool to see a different take on vampires for a change.

Parts of this book were still kind of boring but it was better than the first book. I still felt a kind of disconnect from Mina but it was better than in the previous novel.

The characters really made this book, I think I would have not liked it at all if the characters were not as vibrant and different.





2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I didn't like the first one either. xD

    Nice review, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. You have an award here: http://ashleybook.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-award.html

    Please leave a thank you!

    Ashley C.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!