Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

July 2, 2010

ALA Books!

Last week I went on vacation with my family to Washington D.C., and while I saw so many cool things, my favorite part was Saturday. Which was when my mom and I went to ALA! I was so excited to go, and was kind of dissapointed that I only got to go for one day! I met so many cool people and saw so many cool authors! I also got some amazing books, this is the list of books that I got from ALA!

Unsigned
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder (Harlequin Teen)
Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (Feiwel and Friends) ( ARC)
Delcroix Academy; The Candidates by Inara Scott (Disney-Hyperon) (ARC)
The Memory Bank by Carolyn Coman and Rob Shepperson (Arthur A. Levine) (ARC)
Torment; Fallen #2 by Lauren Kate (Delacorte Books) (ARC)
The Wager by Donna Jo Napoli (Henry Holt) (ARC)
The Daykeeper's Grimoire; Prophecy of Days #1 by Christy Raedeke (Flux)
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride (Henry Holt) (ARC)
The Compound by S.A. Bodeen (Square Fish)
Savvy by Ingrid Law (Walden Media)
The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (RazorBill) (ARC)
Dark Song by Gail Giles (Little Brown) (ARC)
Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin (Bloomsbury) (ARC)
The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted (Bloomsbury) (ARC)
Diamonds for the Dead by Alan Orloff (Mystery Ink)
The Candymakers by Wendy Mass (Little Brown) (ARC)
Sapphique by Catherine Fisher (Dial) (ARC)
Return to Paradise; Leaving Paradise #2 by Simone Elkeles (Flux) (ARC)
Halt's Peril; Ranger's Apprentice #9 by John Flangan (Philomel) (ARC)
Dark Goddess by Sarwat Chadda (Hyperon) (ARC)
Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin (Dial) (ARC)
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (Philomel) (ARC)
Trackers by Patrick Carman (Scholastic)
No Such Thing As Dragons by Philip Reeve (Scholastic) (ARC)
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (RazorBill) (ARC)
Sphinx's Queen by Esther Friesner (Random House) (ARC)

Signed
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (Little Brown)
Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (Little Brown) (ARC)
Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund (HarperTeen) (ARC) !!!!!!!
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick (Scholastic)
Other by Karen Kincy (Flux)
The House of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni (Putnam) 2nd copy
Hold Still by Nina LaCour (Dutton)
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Harper Teen)
Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr (Harper Teen)
Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr (Harper Teen)
Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr (Harper Teen)


I got so many amazing books and I definitely encourage anyone to go if they can, I cannot believe that BEA is even bigger! I want to say a special thank you to all of the people who were working the booths! Everyone was so helpful and excited about books. They helped me find so many great books! Thanks!







(Special thanks to my brother for helping me set up the books for pictures)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a TON of great titles! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! Lots of great books! Glad you had fun and I hope you enjoy reading them all =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great haul!! Why are there none of these fabulous books events on the west coast?? Or is there something I don't know about? :) Torment!!! Oh, so jealous! Enjoy all your wonderful books!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!