Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

April 17, 2010

It's Not Summer Without You

Title: It's Not Summer Without You
Author: Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Release Date: April 27, 2010
Received From:  ATWT

Last year, all of Belly's dreams came true and the thought of missing a summer in Cousins Beach was inconceivable. But like the rise and fall of the ocean tide, things can change--just like that. Suddenly the time she's always looked forward to most is something she dreads. And when Jeremiah calls to say Conrad has disappeared, Belly must decide how she will spend this summer: chasing after the boy she loves, or finally letting him go.


Possible Spoilers for the first book (The Summer I Turned Pretty)


I enjoyed the first book but I think I liked this one even better. I really liked learning even more about the awesome characters in the first book! Especially Jeremiah. 


This book was different than the first book in that it was more sad. The whole premise of the novel centered around Suzanne's death and therefore there were more sad moments, which actually made me like this book even more. Getting to see the boys in a different light was really nice. 


Another thing I really liked about it, was the fact that there was more of Jeremiah in this novel so we get to connect with him more than just Conrad. Also I liked how the story was told in two different views Jeremiah and Belly. It was cool to see the events through another person's eyes


One of the small things I did not like about this book was the fact that at times I could not tell who's point of view it was, and whether it was a flashback or not. But besides that I really enjoyed this book!

4/5











*This links you to a page where you can buy this book, and I will receive a small part of the proceeds, which I will use to buy more books for the contests!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!