Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

July 31, 2009

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler


"Don't worry, Anna. I'll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it." "Okay." "Promise me? Promise you won't say anything?" "Don't worry." I laughed. "It's our secret, right?" According to her best friend Frankie, twenty days in Zanzibar Bay is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy ever day, there's a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there's something she hasn't told Frankie---she's already had that kind of romance, and it was with Frankie's older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.

I have been excited for this book so when it arrived I swept it up and started reading. This book was very emotional because of the feelings that were expressed throughout the whole novel. Besides that aspect the story was beautiful it was a combination of the heartbreak and both the girls wanting to move on and not dwell. I don't like the name of the book because it does not express the feelings inside. It sounds like a cutesy chick lit novel which it is but it is poignant and emotional not just a cute novel.

The book was written surprisingly well for a debut author and I cannot wait for more from Sarah Ockler.

Also the cover is amazing

4/5

Check out my contest for this!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Nice review! I LOVED Twenty Boy Summer...Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of it so I'm joining your contest!

    regietc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard so many good things things about this book. Joined the contest. vampireprincess2468@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful review! nicely said.but i'm wondering why did u give it a 4 out of 5? i have joined the contest. thewsisterz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. man! i have just been hearing so much from this book! =)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!