Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

July 30, 2009

The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut By Paul Nowak


Summary
With Uncle Chestnut, the ordinary becomes extraordinary and every day is an adventure - whether you are chasing hats, babysitting, or just taking a day trip to the seaside. These humorous short stories of Uncle Chestnut introduce timeless truths and a refreshing perspective of the world, based on the life and works of G.K. Chesterton. Told through the eyes of his fictional nephew Jack, The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut introduces readers young and old to the writings of G.K. Chesterton, the British author whose prolific writing inspired C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Alfred Hitchcock, and others.

Review
This was a children’s book which I don’t normally read but this one was very cute. The main character the nephew of “Uncle Chestnut was really instrumental in helping the reader understand the idiosyncrasies of Uncle Chestnut. Also the stories made me wish I had an uncle like Uncle Chestnut!

Before I read this book I had no idea who G.K Chesterton was but this book piqued my interest.

Over all a pretty good book for a children’s book!

4/5 Children’s

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!