Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

July 29, 2009

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles



Tough guy Alex is primarily known by his classmates as a dangerous member of the Latino Bloods gang. He’s not exactly thrilled when Brittany Ellis, the school’s seemingly perfect beauty queen, is assigned as his lab partner—and the feeling is more than mutual. But Alex’s bravado works against him when he impulsively accepts a bet that he can get Brittany in the sack.

I was worried that this would be a typical love story. But it was so much more! I loved the way that it was sprinkled with Spanish and that each chapter switched perspectives. It was really relate able how each of them put up a false front because people do that everyday.

This book was much grittier than I thought it would be there is much more gang violence than I expected but that was important to the plot and made the end worth while. The characters were so developed that I felt bad when things happened not just to the main characters but to the minor characters as well. I think that this book is a good book for both girls and boys. Another great book by Simone Elkeles

I also loved the ending!

4.5/5


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love this book too! It kept me up at night, and I was definitely sad when I reached the ending (which was GREAT!) :D It would be great if there was a sequel, but I don't think there's anything definite yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!