Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

July 21, 2009

Across the Pond by Storyheart


Summary
When Fred Squire's parents take a trip to Australia and can't take him along, he gets shipped off to the United States to stay with friends. Fred isn't too happy with his parents but heads off on his adventure to the States. Upon arriving he meets Brittany, daughter of the friends he's staying with. From that point on Fred finds himself falling deeper and deeper for Brittany.and discovers that the feelings are mutual. As they continue to grow closer, they overcome the obstacles in their way that threaten to stop their relationship before it gets going. Fred becomes Brit's "English Knight" and vows to take on someone from Brit's past who's still threatening her. Will her parents get angry when they find out? Will Brit's amorous friend take him steal him away from her? Will the course of true love run smoothly?

Review
This book was really cute, I liked it much better than I thought I would, Fred was so sweet and I really wanted to get to know him! It was fun learning about all of the words that are different in the US as opposed to England.

On the downside there was not much action but that was helped by the love story and the hidden conflict that Brittney had. The story was very interesting and I could not wait to find out what would happen!

4/5
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. thank you so much for taking the time to review my book, I am glad you enjoyed it.

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is defiantly room for follow on stories about these two young people. I would recommend "Across the Pond" By Storyheart as an easy reading fun book for young people of all ages.

    Mariz
    Get Best Info for Convert to Islam

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!