Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

December 24, 2010

The Ivy

 

imageTitle: The Ivy
Author:  Lauren Kunze and Rina Ounr
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Release Date:  August 31, 2010
Received From:  Publisher via T2T


Freshman year at Harvard--glamorous parties, blossoming friendships, steamy romances, and scandalous secrets. Skip the campus tour and get right to the good stuff: classes are for scoping guys (and their Facebook profiles), not taking notes. The library is for study dates (the medieval history stacks get a lot of action), not studying. And success is a 4.0 GPA... plus getting into the most exclusive parties. How will Callie--a California girl with brains, beauty, and big dreams--and her three roommates survive?


I was super excited to read this book! It sounds amazing. A different take on college life. Sadly I was disappointed.
I did not like this book. It was full of very shallow people with nothing better on their minds then hooking up, drugs, and boys. I expected a little of that but each page brought more deceit and boredom. I wanted less fluff and more substance from the characters. They were all so shallow, especially Callie. She thought nothing of stabbing people in the back to get what she thought she wanted. I spend the majority of the book trying to figure out how most of these people got into Harvard.
The only part I enjoyed were the little emails and messages from Alexis between the chapters, that is what got me through the book.
I was sorely disappointed, it was like gossip girl semi-grown-up not at all what I was expecting. But if you like that stuff maybe its the book for you
Yan talks about the book with the same opinion as me but she spells it out better: http://booksbytheircover.blogspot.com/2010/10/t2t-tour-ivy.html


1 ivy
1012898

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!