Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

July 12, 2011

Luminous

imageTitle: Luminous
Author: Dawn Metcalf
Publisher: Dutton Children’s Books
Release Date:  June 30, 2011
Received From: Teen {Book} Scene

Summary: 

As reality slips and time stands still, Consuela finds herself thrust into the world of the Flow. Removed from all she loves into this shifting world overlapping our own, Consuela quickly discovers she has the power to step out of her earthly skin and cloak herself in new ones-skins made from the world around her, crafted from water, fire, air. She is joined by other teens with extraordinary abilities, bound together to safeguard a world they can affect, but where they no longer belong.
When murder threatens to undo the Flow, the Watcher charges Consuela and elusive, attractive V to stop the killer. But the psychopath who threatens her new world may also hold the only key to Consuela's way home.


Review:

I had mixed feelings about this book.

I love the cover, its beautiful! The butterflies and the swirls fit in with the book well without giving anything away. I also liked how they kept her ethnicity on the cover, since a lot of books are whitewashed I appreciate the fact that the publisher kept the ethnicity on the cover.

I liked how different the premise for this book was. It was unlike anything I had ever read. Unfortunately the way it panned out was kind of confusing to me. I didn’t really understand the concept of the Flow and I think that sort of made it hard for me to connect to the book and the characters.

All of the characters were very different and their personalities were very original. I wish I could have connected to them a little better.

I did like this book but I wish I could have connected and understood the Flow a little better. But the parts that I understood and what I got from the characters I really liked. I will read a book from Dawn just to see if I connect to her quirky style next time.

3 maps

 

 

1012898

 

 

 

 

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!