Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

June 25, 2012

Wicked Sweet by Mar'ce Merrell

Wicked Sweet cover
Title: Wicked Sweet
Author: Mar'ce Merrell
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release Date: May 22, 2012
Received: From publisher for review

Summary: 
Chantal is a planner, and her summer-before-senior-year plan requires best friend Jillian, resumé updating, and studying for AP classes. Jillian wants something different and is afraid to leave introverted Chantal in the dust. All that changes, though, when popular classmates Parker and Will suspiciously start hanging out with the girls.

Chantal only sees one thing: Jillian ditching her for Parker—a guy who can’t even be trusted! Chantal hatches a new plan, one that will expose Parker and Will for what they truly are, and along the way, get her best friend back with the littlest lie and a lot of mouthwatering cake. After all, what are best friends for?
 


Review: 
I picked up this book because of the cover. I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover but we all do it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the cover fit the book perfectly.

One thing I didn't know about Wicked Sweet was that it is told in alternate points of view of not only Chantal and Jillian but also, occasionally, Parker and Will. I liked this because it let me understand the boys' motivation and made them slightly more sympathetic characters.

Chantal's pov was my favorite because it seemed to me that she had the most story to tell. It also could have been because I related with her the best. I found Jillian kind of annoying and I didn't understand some of her decisions. Though her situation was very difficult I found her to be floppy but she grew up towards the end which I appreciated.

My favorite part had to have been when Chantal would bake. I am a baker so I could definitely relate, though it kind of made me hungry. I also enjoyed the scheme she came up with, it was fun to see what she would do next.

Overall this was a really cute and fun book filled with lessons of learning about yourself and not only focusing on other people.



3 comments:

  1. i guess this will be a fun read=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, seems like a cute little read - I might have to pick it up! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fun summer read and the cover is beautiful (I can see why you picked it up just for the cover). :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!