Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

January 26, 2012

The new covers of the Possession Series

Hi everyone! Okay so every once in a while publishers will change the covers of a series either for a reprint or in the middle of the series. This is usually to draw more potential readers to the series who may not have picked it up originally.

Well another series is getting re-covered. I am happy to show you the new covers for Elana Johnson’s Possession series.

Now I really liked the old covers: (Surrender was never printed with this cover)

image

image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I liked them because they were clean and symbolic and just plain beautiful.

But I honestly really like the new covers as well. I mean of course new covers in the middle of a series can be kind of a bummer if you have one of them in hardcover (Possession) and then when you pick up Surrender when it comes out in June it has a different cover style.

Now keep in mind that these are the new covers for the Possession paperback and the Surrender hardback (both available early June 2012):

possession new

surrender new 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I really like them! I like how they kept the symbols that were on the original covers and I like how they took a color from the symbols and made it into the background!

These covers are very similar to the original and the only thing I don’t like about them is the new font. I feel like it is too large and takes away from what is still such a simple cover. But overall I really like them (especially Surrender).

What do you think? Do you love them? Hate them? let me know in the comments!

mariah

3 comments:

  1. I think having the color on the covers makes them more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I'm a fan of the older covers, personally; the stark simplicity of Possession's original cover is what drew me to it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!