Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

May 29, 2011

Ripple

imageTitle: Ripple
Author: Mandy Hubbard
Publisher: Razorbill/Penguin
Release Date: July 21, 2011
Received From: ATWT
Summary: Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she’s ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without?

Review: This is my favorite book that Mandy Hubbard has written. I mean how can you go wrong with sirens?

This book was written really well, the characters popped off the page, and had real reactions to things. It drives me nuts when characters react in ways that no one would ever really, and people act like its normal. I appreciated that this book didn’t have any of that!

I loved the mythology of the sirens but I wish we could have known a little more about it, sirens are great mythological creatures and it would have been nice to see Hubbard’s spin on it a little more.

The ending? I never expected it! and I loved that, books where I can figure out the ending too easily are annoying to me. I mean I had an inkling, but I was shocked by what actually happened.

Overall a really good book, a great step up from many paranormal book lately!

4 maps

 

 

1012898

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!