Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

June 23, 2010

The YA Book Battle Round 3



The two books I was judging were both really good! They were also completely different. I judged 8th Grade SuperZero by Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich and The Season by Sarah McLean.
It was a really hard decision! Both of these books were very good and were so different. The Season was a great love story with mystery, had witty banter, and encouraged girls to use their intelligence whether it is deemed good or not. 8th Grade Superzero was also really good, the subjects it brought up were very important and it encouraged me to get out and help with my community. I know a lot of people who read these books are going to disappointed, but the winner in my opinion is....
The Season by Sarah McLean 
I chose it because I completely fell into the book, I could not wait to find out what would happen next,the ending was a complete surprise, and the message it gave was good. I did not choose 8th Grade Superzero because I found myself in the middle of the book wondering when it was going to be over, also I guessed what the ending was going to be, and at times I felt like I was being preached to. While 8th Grade Superzero had a really good message, and it is a book I think everyone should read, that was ultimately my deciding factor! 


7 comments:

  1. Thanks to a brilliant effort in publishing your article. One can be more informative as this. There are many things I can know only after reading your wonderful article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All wonderful i really enjoyed my stay here and wish to come back again... loved all the stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have cure for your anxiety and pain disorders, shipped at your door step

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can Get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can Get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can Get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!