Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

October 22, 2009

The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley


When her adoptive mother dies, Katherine Bab takes the chance she has been waiting for her whole life: she moves from her country village to London, to uncover the secret of who she really is. Before long, Kat has become a favorite of Queen Elizabeth herself, and rumors are swirling - could fiery-haired Kat be the secret daughter of the Virgin Queen? Kat's got plenty of other things to figure out, as well . . . such as how to choose between her childhood love and two handsome men at court vying for her affection.

I love learning and reading about the Tudors even in this case where they aren't the main characters but they are still involved really is fun for me Especially Elizabeth who plays a semi prominent role in this novel. So needless to say I was really excited to get my hands on this book!

The characters were well developed and different, there were many different character struggles between Katherine and others in the novel which kept it interesting. Also it was fun to try and figure out who her mother really was.

The main thing about this book that bothered me was I felt that who her mother was, was given away way too soon in the book, and I wish that there had been more facts about the court in the novel but overall a good book!

4/5








Here is the beautiful book trailer!

1 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good historical novel, and the cover is very pretty. I appreciated your balanced review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!