Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

October 9, 2009

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog


Morgan Sparks and Cam Browne are a match made in heaven. They've been best friends since birth, they tell each other everything, and oh yeah- they're totally hot for each other. But a week before their joint Sweet Sixteen bash, everything changes. Cam's awkward cousin Pip comes to stay, and Morgan is stunned when her formerly perfect boyfriend seems to be drifting away. When Morgan demands answers, she's shocked to discover the source of Cam's distance isn't another girl- it's another world. Pip claims that Cam is a fairy. No, seriously. A fairy. And now his people want Cam to return to their world and take his rightful place as Fairy King. Determined to keep Cam with her, Morgan plots to fool the fairies. But as Cam continues to change, she has to decide once and for all if he really is her destiny, and if their “perfect” love can weather an uncertain future.

I have been so excited to read this book! It was very different than what I expected but I really like that about it.


So first of all lets discuss the cover! It is beautiful!!!!!  I really like how different it is.


Now for the actual book. I really enjoyed the fact that it was about a boy turning into a fairy because all of the other fairy books I have come across are about a girl turning into a fairy. Also I enjoyed being able to see the transformation of someone turning into a fairy from the outside point of view not just the view of the person being changed.


The characters were really well written. Morgan was pretty easy to relate to, and I found myself falling for Cam and I could feel the pain of seeing him changed. The plot was interesting and was written well.


Overall a really good book the only complaint I have was the fact that I wish Morgan could have had more interaction with Cam in the late stages of his changing. But besides that it was a really good book.

4.5/5

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize this was about a BOY. That is a nice change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really wanting to read this book because of the beautiful cover. I'm so glad you gave it a good review!
    I also didn't realize that it was about a boy. I wonder if the author is male. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'll admit I bought this book because it had fairy in the title and it was a pretty cover. I didn't really know what it was about. So I'm glad you put this review up & I cannot wait to get through my TBR and read this.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!