Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

January 22, 2014

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

Title: This Song Will Save Your Life
Author: Leila Sales
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Release Date: September 17. 2013
Received From:  Publisher in return for an honest review

Synopsis:Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing.
Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together.
Review:
I loved Leila Sales' first book Mostly Good Girls which my best friend introduced me to. While I haven't read Sales' second book I was still really excited to read This Song Will Save Your Life. 

I think most people deal with the feeling of wanted to be accepted. Especially in high school or middle school. I know I struggled with it a lot, and still do. But when you find those people who understand you and your weird loves it is a wonderful thing. Elise realizes this throughout this wonderful book of self discovery.

I really enjoyed watching Elise come into her own. She changed so much from the beginning of the book to the ending. While I did not really like her relationship with Char I can see why she would fall for him.

This Song Will Save Your Life is an important book for teen and other people who are suffering with finding thier place in the world. Especially if you have hobbies that are different than the other people who are around you. I found it to be fun but also to have a good message that made me think about my identity and how it was tied to others. Leila Sales has really outdone herself with this new book.


1 comments:

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!