Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

August 28, 2013

Playing With Her Heart Character Interview: Jill


Today I have the pleasure of interviewing Jill one of the main characters from Playing with Her Heart by Lauren Blakely!


What made you want to be an actor?

Because I can't imagine doing anything else. This is my passion, this is my love, this feeds my soul.


What is your favorite part of playing someone else?

I love letting go of who I am, forgetting the day, forgetting my world and becoming someone else wholly. It's a chance to live many lives too, to experience what it's like - for a couple hours at least -- of living another kind of life.

I hear that you like to run. How is running similar to acting?

I love to run!! Running clears my head, and I can just focus on the adrenaline and the action of putting one foot in front of the other! It also requires a lot of focus, a sort of single-minded focus, to be able to run for long distances, and that kind of clearing your head is the same thing you need to do when you're stepping into a role.


Being around so many attractive actors must be fun. But how do you stay separated and focused enough that you can do your job?

It's definitely easy to get swept up and caught up! Especially since you have to turn on and turn off emotions, and I do think that's why so many actors and actresses fall for each other and for co-stars. But I try to think of it as a job, and because it is easy to turn off emotions, that's what I aim to do when I walk off stage so that I don't get swept up in anything more!


If you could only sing or act for the rest of your life which would you choose?

No fair!!! How can I choose between my two great loves??? If you force me though...acting.


What are you the most excited about the prospect of working with Davis Milo?

He's so talented, and has such an amazing reputation for bringing out the absolute best in his cast. I know he can be tough, but he's tough for a reason - because he helps you succeed on stage!

What does it feel like when you get the call? Is it all excitement or is there also some trepidation? 

Getting the call is one of the most thrilling parts of working in the performing arts! Well, besides the reaction from audiences! But getting the call that you've been cast often a moment of true ecstatic joy. In my case, I didn't get the call - I found out when I bumped into my director on the street, so it was even better!

Thank you so much Jill!!

To find out more about Jill and to see how her story ends be sure to check out Playing With Her Heart

Here is a synopsis to get you started!
Twenty-three year old rising theatre star Jill McCormick has built a life out of pretending. Pretending she's happy, pretending she's not haunted by the dark secret that shattered her world six years ago. But then she comes face to face with her new director -- sexy, sophisticated, jealous, all-alpha, dirty-talking Davis Milo. He tries to resist the actress he's cast, but the attraction between them is too powerful, and soon their private rehearsals spiral into new, forbidden territory. The connection, the chemistry is undeniable, and it hits them anywhere, and everywhere -- in the theater, on the piano, in the limo, in the restaurant...But the tragedy in Jill's past stands between them. Davis has walls too, so they can either face their fears together, or risk the most intense love, sex and passion either has ever felt...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!