Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

January 1, 2013

Favorite books of 2012!


1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
Adult fiction: Cheating at Solitaire by Ally Carter (This book came out a long time ago but it is so good!) A newer one is Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot Contemporary YA: A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith Dystopian/Post-apocalyptic YA: The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa Paranormal: Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan Fantasy:The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore, and Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
Retelling: For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund

Historical: Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. Now that is not at all to say that I did not like either of these books! On the contrary I really liked both of them, but I guess since they were so hyped I expected to LOVE them.
 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? 
The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman. I really liked this book and while I thought I would like it I was surprised how much I liked it.
 4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore and The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
 5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
The Girl of Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson (I have yet to read the second but the first one was one of my favorites!) and the Shadow and Bone series by Leigh Bardugo. Both of these books were interesting fantasy worlds that I fell in love with!
 6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Sarah Rees Brennan, I had never read any of her other books before but I fell in love with her two newest books. Rae Carson, Leigh Bardugo, and Anna Banks (Of Poseidon is hilarious)
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Nine Rules to Break When Romanceing a Rake by Sarah Maclean was m first foray into Romance and I fell in love with it and the other books in the series!
 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund. I read both of these books in a day and could not put them down.
 9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore because I loved it and want to read it again and again. Also The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater because it was so beautifully written and I loved the characters!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
This cover is so gorgeous and fits the book so well!
 11. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater was one of the most beautifully written and lyrical books I have ever read.
12. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012? 
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, while I did not cry like many other readers, I was really touched by this story and thought about it for days after.
 13. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read? 
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson, The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, and Clarity by Kim Harrington
 14.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012? 
LongestHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling at 759 pages
ShortestGeorgetown Academy by

15. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah Maclean I never would have actually (rather than just thinking about it) read this book if not for the insistence of Erica at the Book Cellar 
What were your favorite books of the year?
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!