Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

November 27, 2009

Candle Man by Glenn Dakin


Murder, mystery, and adventure aren’t your typical birthday presents . . .
But for Theo, anything that breaks up his ordinary routine is the perfect gift.
A mysterious “illness” and Theo’s guardians force him into a life indoors, where gloves must be worn and daily medical treatments are the norm. When Theo discovers a suspicious package on his birthday, one person from the past will unlock the secret behind Theo’s “illness” and change his life forever.


This book was very interesting. It had a great premise that I have never really seen in middle grade, or any other literature for that matter. Theo was very endearing, his confusion felt really genuine like it was written by some one who had dealt with that kind of confusion before (lets hope not).

All of the characters were very well written and complex, I cannot wait to get to know them better throughout the series! The twists and turns in this novel surprised me, I was not able to guess where the story was going to go. Which I really enjoyed. Even though this is technically a middle grade book I think most everyone who likes action, would enjoy this fast paced novel!

The only slight problem I had was that in the middle it was kind of hard for me to follow where everything was going. Overall a good book and I can't wait for the next two installments!

4/5








*from Goodman Media

2 comments:

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!